Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati welcomes you to the WSGR EU Data Protection Regulation Observatory.
This site tracks developments related to the EU legislative proposal for a General Data Protection Regulation (European Commission Proposal of 25 January 2012, COM (2012) 11 final).
The proposal will determine the data protection landscape in Europe for the foreseeable future, and also will be highly influential in other regions of the world. Companies in all sectors will be affected, including non-EU companies doing business in Europe.
- Article: "Why Do We Need Binding Corporate Rules - A Look to the Future"
- Council publishes new German proposal on Consent
- Council publishes UK proposal and Austrian proposal on one-stop-shop mechanism
- Council discusses the one-stop-shop mechanism
- Council publishes German and French proposal on one-stop-shop mechanism
- Council publishes a revised version of the draft General Data Protection Regulation
Click here for older posts