Advanced Issues in Tech and Patent ADR:
Mediating and Arbitrating Disputes
Please join leading corporate counsel, tech litigators, representatives of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the Director of the Silicon Valley Office of the USPTO and mediators and arbitrators as we address ADR in tech and IP cases.
This half-day seminar, beginning with a networking lunch, will provide critical information from highly experienced mediators, arbitrators, and counsel in making use of ADR in domestic and international tech and patent disputes. Topics will include:
- Mediating tech and patent disputes. When and how to use mediation effectively.
- Determining whether and how to provide for arbitration in your next license, development agreement and other tech-related contracts
- The critical steps to making the arbitration better, quicker, and less expensive than litigation
- Using international arbitration to resolve your dispute in one forum and enforce the award internationally
- Presenting the case at arbitration. How to use the flexibility of arbitration to your advantage
- Enforcing and attacking arbitration awards
The program is designed to benefit corporate counsel to navigate the every-expanding use of ADR processes in tech and patent disputes, and to assist other counsel in developing and honing their ADR skills.
The program and lunch are free to attend, although space is limited. CLE credit will be applied for.
Click here for the agenda!