DIGITAL MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
With digital music and games leading the way, aided by advances in mobile technology, the media and entertainment industry has grown faster than almost every other technology sector in recent years.
The quality of digital music, games, and video continues to improve to meet consumer and business demand. At the same time, the number of companies in the media market continues to grow, with participants ranging from successful solo authors and artists to global media powerhouses. There are also a multitude of digital media channels and platforms, including always-on social media applications, easily accessible mobile devices, and traditional media outlets, such as cable television and satellite radio.
As the premier law firm provider to technology companies, WSGR has a legacy of representing pioneers in the media and entertainment industry. From start-ups developing the latest mobile apps to leaders in the online games sector, our attorneys have helped clients develop, monetize, and protect all types of digital media and commercial content and technologies.
The firm's representation of media and entertainment clients over the years has given our attorneys a wealth of experience with breakaway innovations and disruptive technologies that have driven the sector, including:
- Digital music, games, and video for mobile devices
- Streaming and on-demand music services
- Games and other entertainment media for wearable devices, including watches, bracelets, and eyewear
- Mobile and digital media device components, including LED displays and storage and wireless technologies
- Digital entertainment subscription and payment systems
- Wireless technology standards, such as Bluetooth
- Holographic image projections for mobile devices
With more than 700 attorneys, WSGR provides media and entertainment clients with representation in a broad range of areas, including:
- Corporate Governance
- Employee Benefits and Compensation
- Employment Litigation
- Finance and Structured Finance
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Tax and Tax Equity
- Technology Transactions