BLOCKCHAIN AND CRYPTOCURRENCY
Novel industries require experienced and practical counsel to execute on dynamic, cutting-edge, and high-velocity projects and technologies. From start-ups to established industry leaders, companies adopting blockchain technology continue to disrupt a diverse range of sectors, including financial services, venture capital, healthcare, energy, cloud technology, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is at the forefront of providing advice to blockchain and cryptocurrency companies. Our diverse clients include:
- Companies using blockchain technology in the energy, securities, fund formation, healthcare, computer, big data and cloud storage, IoT, SaaS, identity verification, and other industries
- Companies considering and executing initial coin offerings (ICOs), token, simple agreement for future token (SAFT), and other cryptocurrency-related offerings
- Venture firms, corporate investment arms, and others investing in blockchain companies and cryptocurrency
- Companies providing distribution and other services to companies engaging in ICO, token, and SAFT transactions
- Cryptocurrency funds and other funds investing in cryptocurrency and blockchain companies
Our blockchain and cryptocurrency practice is led by attorneys with sophisticated securities and financial regulatory and transactional experience. We have consistently advised clients about potential landmines in the regulatory landscape, often before many in the industry were aware of them. We also have led many successful offerings and have advised clients on the development of emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency platforms.
Additionally, we bring to our blockchain and cryptocurrency clients sophisticated tax, corporate structuring, patent and intellectual property, technology licensing, employee compensation, CFIUS, litigation, and other expertise that is critical to their businesses.
Our practice has been recognized in the Chambers Professional Advisors: FinTech Guide. Our team includes former regulators, including those who have worked for the Securities and Exchange Commission and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
Our attorneys are recognized thought leaders, and we are frequent speakers at industry conferences around the U.S. In addition to authoring detailed client alerts on breaking legal and regulatory developments, we publish a popular monthly newsletter, The WSGR Fintech Update, which provides up-to-date information on the latest blockchain and cryptocurrency matters of interest to our clients.