MARIO M. ROSATI
Mario Rosati has been with Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati since 1971, first as an associate and, since 1975, as a partner. Mario specializes in corporate law, especially as it relates to technology companies. He serves as the managing partner of WS Investments, an investment partnership composed of the partners and associates of the firm. WS Investments has invested in a number of emerging corporations over the years.
From 1994 to 2010, Mario was an adjunct professor at the University of California at Berkeley's Haas School of Business, where he taught new venture finance. In 2012, he taught the same subject at the UC Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall).
Mario has sat as a judge pro-tem in the San Mateo County Superior Court. He also participated in the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Task Force to the office of the President Elect, Ronald Reagan.
In addition to the boards of the public companies mentioned below, Mario is a director of several privately held companies.EDUCATION:
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1971
Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Corporations
- B.A., History, University of California, Los Angeles, 1968
- Guest Lecturer, "New Venture Finance," UC Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), Fall 2012 and 2013
- Adjunct Professor, "New Venture Finance," University of California at Berkeley, Haas School of Business, Spring 1994 to 2010
- Adjunct Professor, "Entrepreneurship," University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business, Fall 1995
- Guest Lecturer, "Forming and Financing the Venture," Stanford Graduate School of Business, Winter 2000
- Guest Lecturer, "Legal Considerations in an Emerging Growth Company," Entrepreneurship, University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business, Fall 1994
- Director, Aehr Test Systems
- Director, Sanmina-SCI Corporation
- Member, Band of Angels
- Recognized in Northern California Super Lawyers
- Named in Best Lawyers in America for corporate law, leveraged buyouts, and private equity law
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Co-moderator, "Getting to Market in Europe: Key issues in Regulation and Reimbursement," Bohemian Medical Device Summit, Prague, Czech Republic, November 29-December 1, 2005
- Keynote Speaker, "Lessons to Be Learned from the Silicon Valley Experience," China Venture Capital Forum, Shenzhen, China, April 2-3, 2004
- Panel Discussion Moderator, "Corporate Partnering Opportunities & New Vehicles for Strategic Alliances," The Biotechnology Forum, Spring 1993
- State Bar of California