J. ROBERT SUFFOLETTA, JR.
Robert Suffoletta is a partner in the corporate and securities practice of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. He joined the firm's Austin office in 2001, after 11 years in the firm's Palo Alto office.
Rob works with emerging growth and technology companies, both public and private, as well as investment banks and venture capital funds. During his tenure at the firm, he has gained extensive experience with public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financings, and start-up company representation. He regularly advises a number of public companies on corporate governance, disclosure, and SEC compliance matters.
Rob is a member of the board of directors of the WSGR Foundation and a former member of the firm's Policy Committee.
Prior to attending law school, Rob was a financial consultant with Peterson & Company in Chicago, where he specialized in financial and economic analysis for complex commercial litigation.RECENT MATTERS:
- Serves as outside corporate counsel to a number of public companies
- Representing Microchip Technology in its pending acquisition of Microsemi Corporation
- Represented Savara in acquisition of Mast Therapeutics
- Represented Savara in underwritten follow-on offerings and in ATM offering
- Represented Invodo in sale transaction
- Represented Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. in acquisition of the wired connectivity business of Sigma Designs
- Represented Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. in sale to Uphill Investment Co.
- Represented Microchip Technology in its acquisitions of SMSC, Supertex, Micrel, and Atmel
- Represented Microchip Technology in several private company acquisitions
- Represented National Instruments in several private company acquisitions
- Represented agent in Applied Optoelectronics ATM offerings
- Represented underwriters in Applied Optoelectronics IPO and in follow-on offering
- Represented initial purchasers in Q2 Holdings' convertible debt offering
- Represented underwriters in Q2 Holdings IPO and in follow-on offerings
- Represented underwriters in ExactTarget IPO and in follow-on offering
- Represented Ascension Orthopedics in sale to Integra Life Sciences
- Represented BigBand Networks in IPO
- Represented BigBand Networks in sale to Arris Group
- Represented CardioGenesis in sale to Eclipse Surgical
- Represented Seismic Micro-Technology in sale to IHS
- Represented Sierra Atlantic in sale to Hitachi Consulting
- Represented Pivot3 in financing transactions
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School
Magna Cum Laude
- M.B.A., Indiana University
- B.S., Finance, Indiana University
- Named in the 2013-2018 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- "Influence of Activist Shareholders on M&A and Corporate Governance," University of Texas Technology Law Conference, May 2017
- "Taking a Company Public: Key Legal and Business Considerations," University of Texas Technology Law Conference, May 2016
- "Recent SEC Developments," IPO Readiness Seminar, Austin, Texas, October 2015
- "M&A in the Technology Sector," University of Texas Technology Law Conference, May 2012
- "Mergers and Acquisitions," University of Texas Technology Law Conference, May 2010
- "Securities Offering Reform," SEC Issues Update Seminar, December 2005
- "Securities Offering Reform," SEC Institute, 20th Midyear SEC Reporting Forum, Dallas, May 2005
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas