Zak Vasilyuk is counsel in the technology transactions practice at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. He focuses on the representation of biotechnology and life sciences companies in intellectual property transactions.
Zak has advised biotechnology and life sciences companies in the drafting and negotiation of numerous collaboration, co-development, licensing, technology transfer, and other technology agreements, as well as distribution, manufacturing, marketing, and clinical trial agreements. Zak has also advised a publicly traded medical device company in all aspects of its sales and distribution, principally in connection with the conclusion of its multi-product contractual arrangements with group purchasing organizations and health systems.
In addition, Zak has extensive experience in advising clients outside of the biotechnology and life sciences field with respect to a wide variety of commercial transactions and intellectual property issues.SELECT TRANSACTIONS:
- Drafted and negotiated international distribution and manufacturing agreements for several medical device companies
- Drafted and negotiated numerous clinical trial agreements on behalf of trial sponsors, contract research organizations and research institutes
- Drafted and negotiated several manufacturing, distribution and marketing agreements for a pharmaceutical company
- Drafted and negotiated numerous product merchandising agreements on behalf of the licensor relating to the exploitation of properties in famous children's literary works
- Drafted and negotiated a multi-million dollar exclusive licensing arrangement on behalf of the licensee relating to mass-merchandising in the U.S. of apparel and accessories under trademarks of a famous sporting equipment manufacturer
- Drafted and participated in the negotiation of a major motion picture agreement and a Broadway stage production agreement with a major Hollywood studio on behalf of the holder of rights in the subject literary work
- Drafted and negotiated numerous agreements covering software development and exploitation
- Drafted and negotiated numerous services agreements
- J.D., California Western School of Law, 2001
Magna Cum Laude
- B.A., International Business, San Diego State University, 1998
Summa Cum Laude
- State Bar of California