LUKE A. LISS
Of Counsel and Pro Bono Counsel
Luke Liss is Of Counsel in the Palo Alto office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. He is a member of the firm's litigation department, focusing on mergers and acquisitions litigation, securities class actions, shareholder derivative suits, appraisal actions, and complex commercial litigation. Luke also represents companies with respect to regulatory investigations, internal investigations, and corporate governance matters.
Luke also serves as Pro Bono Counsel for the firm. In this role, he leads pro bono teams and assists in the managing of firm pro bono matters and initiatives, and he also assists with developing the firm's pro bono and community service partnerships.
Luke also currently serves as a member of the firm's Recruiting Committee, Community Service Committee, and Pro Bono Committee. Luke served as a member of the firm's Associates' Committee from 2010-2014. He also serves as the coordinator of the firm's U-Visa and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) pro bono program. In June 2014, the firm was recognized by Community Legal Services of East Palo Alto as "law firm of the year" for its extensive work in the programEDUCATION:
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 2006
- B.A., Political Science, University of Oregon, 2003
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit