MATTHEW J. KUYKENDALL
Matt Kuykendall advises clients with regard to trademarks, copyrights, and advertising activities. He assists clients in U.S. and foreign trademark matters, including clearance and selection of trademarks, prosecution of trademark applications, trademark enforcement, and counterfeiting matters. Matt counsels clients concerning brand protection across all consumer touchpoints, ranging from product packaging to online destinations, such as social media websites. He represents clients in federal litigation concerning trademark, copyright, and advertising issues, in trademark cancellation and opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and in arbitration proceedings involving Internet domain names. Matt advises clients in advertising activities, including how to structure and conduct sweepstakes and contests. Matt also represents companies in complex transactions involving intellectual property rights and advertising matters. His clients span numerous industries, including software, hardware, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, financial services, retail services, and apparel.REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS:
- Aileron Therapeutics, Inc.
- Autodesk, Inc.
- BloomReach, Inc.
- Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited
- ConvaTec, Inc.
- Expedia, Inc.
- The Exploratorium
- iControl Networks, Inc.
- iRhythm Technologies, Inc.
- Renewable Funding, LLC
- salesforce.com, Inc.
- Silego Technology Inc.
- Tokyo Otaku Mode Inc.
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, 2006
Visiting Student, University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 2005-06;
Articles Editor, Berkeley Technology Law Journal; Member, Iowa Law Review
- B.A., International Relations, Stanford University, 1999
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Past Member, INTA Editorial Board for The Trademark Reporter Committee
- WSGR John Wilson Award for pro bono service, 2008, 2010, and 2011
- WSGR Community Service Award, 2009, 2012, 2013, and 2014
- State Bar of California Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services, 2011, 2012, and 2013
- State Bar of California