ANDREW D. HOFFMAN
Andrew Hoffman is a partner in the Palo Alto office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. His practice focuses on corporate and securities work for both public and private companies across all stages of growth, as well as for financial institutions, venture capital firms, and other investors. Andy has represented clients across a wide range of industries, including software, semiconductors, life sciences, energy, financial services, manufacturing, retail, and telecommunications.
Andy's broad capital markets experience includes initial public, follow-on, and secondary equity offerings; investment-grade, high-yield, and convertible debt offerings; and private investment in public equity (PIPE) transactions. He advises a number of public companies with respect to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, exchange-listing standards, SEC disclosure requirements, and other complex corporate and securities law matters. Andy also counsels private companies in matters ranging from incorporation to venture capital financing and fiduciary duties, and frequently represents investment banks in their underwriting transactions.
In addition, Andy is a regular speaker on matters related to capital markets transactions, SEC disclosure requirements, and corporate governance matters.SELECT REPRESENTATIONS:
- Representation of issuers in numerous public offerings, including Apigee, Arista Networks, Barracuda Networks, Nutanix, Pacific Biosciences of California, SVB Financial Group, Talend, and Tesla
- Representation of underwriters such as BofA Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, Jefferies, J.P. Morgan, Lazard, and Piper Jaffray in numerous public offerings
- Corporate, securities and governance representation of numerous public and private companies, including Amphastar Pharmaceuticals, Arista Networks, Pacific Biosciences of California, Pulse Biosciences, RedSeal, Talend, Tesla, and Williams-Sonoma
- Representation of venture capital and private equity investors, including 3311 Ventures, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Oak Investment Partners
- Acquisitions, dispositions and other strategic transactions by numerous public and private companies, including Advantest Corporation, Barracuda Networks, Boardvantage, and Micron Technology
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2003
- B.A., Government and English, Georgetown University, 2000
- Member, Business Law Section of the State Bar of California
- Affiliate Attorney for the University of Michigan Law School's Entrepreneurship Clinic (2012-2013)
- Named to the 2013-2017 "Rising Stars" lists published by Northern California Super Lawyers
- State Bar of California