CARLOS W. ELLERBE
Carlos W. Ellerbe is a corporate and securities attorney at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Over the past 18 years, Carlos has represented over 100 technology companies and investors in matters such as entity formation and organization; capital formation (venture capital financings and public offerings); licensing and other technology transactions; and mergers and acquisitions. Carlos has extensive experience in advising directors and officers on corporate governance and fiduciary duty matters.
Prior to law school, Carlos worked at KPMG for almost seven years as a consultant and an auditor. As a consultant, Carlos worked with large institutions and emerging growth companies in developing business process and organizational strategies. As an auditor, Carlos led teams in determining whether his clients' financial statements were in accordance with GAAP, and he advised directors and officers on effective internal controls and other operating policies and procedures.SELECT REPRESENTATIONS:
- Twitch (formerly Justin.tv) in corporate matters, venture capital financings and licensing matters. Amazon acquired Twitch for almost $1 billion.
- Zappos in corporate matters, venture capital financings and vendor transactions. Amazon acquired Zappos for approximately $1 billion.
- YouTube in its early stage corporate matters and its initial venture capital financing. Google acquired YouTube for approximately $1.65 billion.
- Fenix International in its acquisition by ENGIE; Caspida in its acquisition by Splunk; Audience in its acquisition of Sensor Platforms; Socialcam in its acquisition by Autodesk; Teranetics in its acquisition by PLX Technology; Mimosa Systems in its acquisition by Iron Mountain; and Visual Numerics in its acquisition by Rogue Wave Software.
- Komag in a public offering after emerging from bankruptcy; Merrill Lynch as underwriter of a public offering by InVision Technologies; HealtheTech in its initial public offering; and Credit Suisse as underwriter of a public offering by Neurocrine Bioscences.
- J.D., George Washington University Law School
- B.S., University of Maryland, College Park
- State Bar of California
- Certified Public Accountant