Steven Guggenheim is a trial lawyer and partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in Palo Alto. In addition to an active commercial litigation practice, representing both plaintiffs and defendants, Steven has represented dozens of clients in corporate governance litigation and shareholder lawsuits. He appears regularly in courts throughout the country, including the Delaware Court of Chancery, and is often called upon to counsel firm clients regarding disclosure issues, governance, and pre-litigation strategy. He has over 30 years' experience in mediation, arbitration, and all phases of litigation.
Steven is currently the chairman of the board of the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area. He is also the co-head of WSGR's Pro Bono Committee.
Prior to joining the firm in 1998, Steven practiced law in New York City, where he represented corporate clients in commercial business disputes and was part of a team defending a then-"Big Eight" accounting firm in securities class actions brought nationwide.EDUCATION:
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1987
- A.B., Political Philosophy, University of Michigan, 1984
High Honors, High Distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit