Tony Jeffries is a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where his practice focuses on corporate, securities, governance, and related matters for technology companies.
With more than 20 years of experience practicing corporate and securities law, Tony has represented clients ranging from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 companies on IPOs and other public offerings, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, venture capital financings, the structuring of start-up companies, and other transactional matters.
Among the clients Tony represents are companies in the SaaS, software, fintech, internet, and biotech sectors. He also represents prominent venture capital firms and investment banks.
Tony previously served as a member of the firm's board of directors, its governing body. He is also a member of the Board of Visitors at Duke University School of Law.SELECT PUBLIC CLIENTS:
- Denali Therapeutics
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Annias Immunotherapeutics
- Bolt Biotherapeutics
- Credit Karma
- Edison Software
- Origami Logic
- Spruce Finance
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 1992
With High Honors
- B.S., Finance, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1989
- Named in the 2018 and 2019 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Tony has been interviewed and quoted in numerous business and legal trade media, including Dow Jones/The Wall Street Journal, The Silicon Valley Business Journal, Law360, The Recorder, and The Daily Journal.
- Panelist, "Forging ahead: What will shape IPOs in 2018?" Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center, San Francisco, California, February 2018
- Lecturer, "Funding a New Enterprise – IPOs, M&A And Other Exits," Stanford Continuing Studies Class, Stanford, California, January 2016
- Moderator, "An Evening with the Experts: IPO Panel Discussion," National Investor Relations Institute, San Francisco, California, October 2014
- Panelist, "Compensation Trends and Best Practices," Tech America Board Education Event, Portland, Oregon, November 2010 and November 2011
- Lecturer, "Intellectual Property Issues in IPOs, M&A Transactions, and Other Strategic Transactions," Stanford Law School, Stanford, California, January 2011
- Presenter, "Preparing for the IPO," Morgan Stanley's "Going Public 2010" Conference, Menlo Park, California, June 2010
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Colorado