MICHAEL S. RINGLER
Mergers & Acquisitions
Mike Ringler is a senior partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where he primarily advises boards, special committees, and management teams on complex strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and other transformative business transactions. Mike also regularly advises boards and special committees when confronting challenges to corporate control, including unsolicited acquisition proposals, hostile takeovers, proxy contests, and shareholder activism. Mike has been ranked by Chambers USA since 2008, listed as one of the Best Lawyers in America since 2010, and recognized on many occasions as a leader in his field by national and statewide publications, including The American Lawyer, The New York Times, and California's Daily Journal.RECENT TRANSACTIONS:
- Apptio in its $2 billion sale to Vista Equity Partners
- Electro Scientific Industries in its $1.1 billion sale to MKS Instruments
- CA Technologies in its $19 billion sale to Broadcom
- Acxiom in the $2.3 billion sale of its AMS division to The Interpublic Group
- MuleSoft in its $7 billion sale to salesforce.com
- Flatiron Health in its $2 billion sale to Roche
- Barracuda Networks in its $1.6 billion sale to Thoma Bravo
- Gigamon in its $1.6 billion sale to Evergreen Coast Capital (an affiliate of Elliott Associates)
- AppDynamics in its $3.8 billion sale to Cisco
- Please see wsgr.com for a complete list of transactions.
- Named in the Daily Journal's 2018 list of the "Top 100 Lawyers in California"
- Named in the 2008-2018 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, where he is described as an "exceptional M&A lawyer" who is held in "high esteem by clients and peers alike"
- Named in the 2010-2018 editions of Best Lawyers in America
- Named in the 2011-2018 editions of Northern California Super Lawyers in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions
- Honored as the 2017 M&A "Lawyer of the Year" for San Francisco by Best Lawyers
- Honored as a "2015 Dealmaker of the Year" by The American Lawyer for advising online real estate company Trulia in its $3.5 billion merger with Zillow
- Honored as an M&A "Top Innovator" by the Daily Journal in 2015
- Named in the Daily Journal's 2015 list of the "Top 100 Lawyers in California"
- Named in the Daily Journal's 2012 list of the "Top 100 Lawyers in California"
- Honored as a 2010 "Attorney of the Year" by The Recorder (an affiliate of The American Lawyer) for his work as the lead advisor to 3PAR in its sale to Hewlett-Packard following a bidding war with Dell
- Recognized in the 2007-2009 editions of Who's Who Legal: California
- Recognized in the October 2, 2007 New York Times as among the "next generation of deal makers" in the "facebook of Wall Street's future"
- Selected for inclusion in the Daily Journal's 2007 list of the "Top 20 under 40" lawyers in California
- Named a 2007 and 2008 "AO Top Dealmaker" in the field of corporate law by AlwaysOn and KPMG
- Named in the 2007 edition of The Legal 500 US
- Member, Editorial Board, The M&A Lawyer
- State Bar of California
- J.D., Georgetown University, 1995
- B.S., University of Michigan, 1992