Yoichiro (Yokum) Taku is a corporate and securities partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Yokum represents technology and growth companies at all stages of development, through private financings, strategic transactions, public offerings, and mergers and acquisitions. He also represents investors in venture capital financings. Yokum has advised numerous entrepreneurs from initial company formation to liquidity event. At any time, Yokum typically represents start-up companies seeking venture financing, private companies that have received financing, and publicly traded companies.
Yokum also leads Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati's Japan practice. He advises U.S. companies on their transactions in Japan, and Japanese companies on their transactions in the United States. Yokum also advises numerous companies with operations in Asia. Yokum worked at the Tokyo law firm of Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu in 1994 and 1995.
Yokum maintains a personal website at www.startupcompanylawyer.com.SELECT CLIENTS:
- AngelPad (incubator)
- App Annie (app analytics)
- Arimo (data intelligence)
- Bromium (security)
- CoverHound (insurance)
- CrowdStrike (security)
- DeNA (mobile platform)
- Founder Institute (accelerator)
- FundersClub (online venture capital)
- Numerify (business analytics)
- Postmates (on-demand delivery)
- Sprig (meal delivery)
- Udemy (online education)
- Represented companies that have been sold to Access, Apple, Cadence, EA, Earthlink, Facebook, Fox Interactive Media, Intel, McAfee, Microsoft, Namco, Novellus, Nvidia, RockYou, Winbond, Yahoo!, Zynga, and many others
- Represented issuer or underwriter in IPOs for Biopsys, Blaze Software, broadcast.com, Chemoil Energy, Convergent Group, Corsair, Ditech, drugstore.com, First Virtual, Hambrecht & Quist Group, Newgen Results, Packeteer, PeoplePC, Ramp Networks, Terayon, and Xylan.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 1993
- B.A., Political Science, University of Minnesota, 1990
- Recognized in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in which clients noted that "his level of knowledge and experience is unparalleled"
- Named in the 2013 and 2014 editions of Northern California Super Lawyers
- Former Chairman, Angel Venture Financing Subcommittee of the American Bar Association Business Law Section Committee on Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Former President and Board Member, Asian Law Alliance
- State Bar of California