Daniel Keating is a partner in the Washington, D.C., office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where his practice primarily focuses on corporate and securities matters, including sophisticated domestic and international transactions. He is also a member of the firm’s global generic pharmaceutical industry group.
Dan has more than 20 years of legal experience. He has represented clients in mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, and financings, as well as related corporate governance matters. In particular, Dan has substantial experience representing multinational companies on cross-border M&A deals and complex commercial transactions. Dan’s clients include companies across a diverse range of industries, including technology, fintech, financial, pharmaceutical, and life sciences.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan was a was a corporate partner in an international law firm based in that firm’s Washington, D.C., office. In this role, he advised on a variety of corporate matters, including representing a pharmaceutical company in the acquisition of numerous product portfolios in dozens of countries worldwide. He also acted as underwriters' counsel for numerous offerings of debt and equity securities.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1996
- B.S., Michigan State University, 1992
Summa Cum Laude
- Selected for inclusion in the “Finance: Capital Markets: Equity Offerings” category in the 2017 edition of The Legal 500 US
- Selected for inclusion in the “Finance: Financial Services: Regulatory” category in the 2012 and 2014 editions of The Legal 500 US
- Recognized in the “Nationwide—Financial Services Regulation: Financial Institutions M&A” category in the 2010-2012 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Named in the “Mergers, Acquisitions, and Buyouts” category in the 2012 edition of The Legal 500 US
- Co-author, “New SEC Guidance and PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5 Provide Clarity on SOX Section 404,” Bloomberg Law Reports—Securities Law, September 17, 2007
- “End of an Era,” Legal Week Global, August 26, 2004
- Bar of the District of Columbia
- State Bar of New York