Privacy and Data Protection
Rossana Fol is an associate in the Brussels office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where her practice focuses on privacy and data protection law.
Rossana regularly advises clients of all sizes on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and e-Privacy laws. She has worked on a large number of GDPR compliance projects and has extensive experience with all GDPR compliance steps, such as:
- Drafting privacy policies and consent language;
- Preparing data processing agreements;
- Developing processes to comply with individuals' rights;
- Organizing internal records of data processing activities;
- Drafting internal data handling policies;
- Conducting data protection impact assessments; and
- Implementing privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default features.
Rossana also assists clients on matters related to international data transfers, including certification to the EU-U.S. and Swiss Privacy Shield frameworks, implementation of Standard Contractual Clauses, and approval of Binding Corporate Rules by EU Data Protection Authorities. She routinely advises on privacy issues arising from emerging technologies, artificial intelligence, connected devices, autonomous vehicles, cloud computing, cybersecurity, data analytics, fraud prevention tools, and loyalty programs, among other areas.
Prior to joining the firm, Rossana worked on privacy and data protection matters in the Paris office of Bird & Bird.
Rossana speaks English, French, and Bulgarian, and is familiar with German and Spanish.EDUCATION:
- LL.M., King's College London
- LL.M., Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
- Master 2, Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
- Co-author, "European Court of Justice Rejects Privacy Class Action Against Facebook but Allows Max Schrems to Sue in Austria," WSGR Alert, January 31, 2018
- Co-author, "EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Passes First Annual Review," WSGR Alert, October 19, 2017
- Co-author, "European Court of Justice to Rule on Validity of Standard Contractual Clauses," WSGR Alert, October 3, 2017
- Avocat à la Cour, Paris Bar
- Brussels Bar E-List