RODNEY G. STRICKLAND, JR.
Rod Strickland is a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, which he joined in 1992. He focuses primarily on securities and consumer class action defense and general commercial litigation for technology companies. Rod's practice includes cases involving allegations of false advertising, violations of consumer protection and privacy statutes, unfair competition, breach of fiduciary duty, and securities fraud. Rod is the practice development leader of the firm's commercial litigation practice.
Rod is a member of the firm's Nominating Committee and Finance Committee, and is a former co-chair of the Associate Hiring Committee and Education Committee.
Rod is admitted to practice in California and before several United States district courts. He has represented clients in courts throughout California and in Arizona, Delaware, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia.SELECT CLIENTS:
- Align Technology
- The McClatchy Company
- Rocket Fuel
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 1992
Summa Cum Laude
- B.A., History and English, University of Notre Dame, 1989
- Recognized in the 2014 and 2015 editions of Northern California Super Lawyers
- Co-author with M. Reed and T. Weibell, "U.S." chapter, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Fourth Edition, Global Legal Insights, 2015
- State Bar of California
- Several U.S. District Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit