DANIEL C. GLAZER
Daniel Glazer is an American technology lawyer, strategic business advisor, and the founding partner of WSGR's London office. Since the 2010 launch of the UK Government's "Tech City" initiative, Dan has focused on supporting high-growth UK and other European companies with U.S. expansion and fundraising, and connecting the UK and wider European tech communities with U.S. investors, corporates, advisors, and other stakeholders.
WSGR's London office opened in August 2018 and aims to provide U.S. support and facilitate transatlantic connections for the UK and wider European technology and life sciences communities.
Dan also leads WSGR's U.S. expansion practice, which focuses on advising UK and other non-U.S. technology and life sciences companies through their U.S. life cycle: U.S. launch, expansion, commercial contracts, fundraising, M&A, and IPO. The Tech Nation/WSGR U.S. expansion and fundraising online library can be found here.
Dan partners with Silicon Valley Comes to the UK, Tech Nation Future Fifty, London Stock Exchange ELITE, Entrepreneur First, RocketSpace, ICE, Seedcamp, the Mayor of London's International Business Programme, TechHub, the London Co-Investment Fund, Techstars, and similar organizations to support U.S. expansion and fundraising efforts by UK companies.
Dan is a Fellow at Tech Nation, the British-American Project, and the Royal Society of Arts, was appointed a GlobalScot trade advisor by the Scottish Government, and worked with the U.S. Department of Commerce to develop its SelectUSA Tech program supporting non-U.S. technology companies with U.S. expansion.
Dan has been honored as The American Lawyer's "Transatlantic Innovator of the Year" and by UK Tech News as one of London's top "International Connectors." Chambers USA 2018 cited Dan for his "very deep level of experience" and his "practical advice" supporting non-U.S. companies on U.S. matters. Dan has acted as U.S. counsel for hundreds of UK and other European emerging growth companies and investors, as well as UK-based multinationals such as Cadbury, De Beers, O2, and Virgin Media.EDUCATION:
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1998
- A.B., History, Dartmouth College, 1995
Summa Cum Laude
- Fellow, Tech Nation
- Fellow, British-American Project
- Fellow, Royal Society of Arts
- Member, International Technology Law Association
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Member, Technology and IP Advisory Board, Practical Law Company
- Member, Tech London Advocates
- Member, GlobalScot Network
- Member, GlobalCelt Network
- Recognized by The American Lawyer as its 2015 "Transatlantic Innovator of the Year"
- Named as a leading technology and outsourcing lawyer in the 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Honored by SmartCEO Magazine as its 2014 "Practice of the Year"
- Selected by Tech City News in 2014 as one of the London technology community's top 10 international "Connectors"
- Named among The New York Law Journal's 2013 Under-40 "Rising Stars"
- Recognized as a leading transactional attorney by The Legal 500, Best Lawyers in America, and Super Lawyers
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of New Jersey
- Registered Foreign Lawyer in England and Wales