JEFFREY D. SAPER
Jeffrey Saper is a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, a global technology law firm specializing in the representation of technology and emerging growth companies. He also serves as a member of the firm's board of directors.
Jeff specializes in public and private financings of technology and other emerging growth companies, as well as the representation of leading investment banks and corporate issuers in connection with public offerings and mergers and acquisitions. He has been involved in more than 200 public offerings, and has served as company counsel with respect to the initial public offerings of such prominent companies as Activision, Apple, Barracuda Networks, BlackLine Systems, GoDaddy, Infosys, LinkedIn, Micron Technology, Nutanix, Palo Alto Networks, and Splunk. In addition, he has served as lead underwriters' counsel on numerous initial and secondary public offerings, including those of AMD, Ancestry.com, Cavium, Ellie Mae, Extreme Networks, Guidewire Software, Imperva, Infoblox, Macrovision, MongoDB, The North Face, and Pandora Media. He has also participated in a number of "dual track" IPOs which culminated in successful exits including AppDynamics (Cisco), Avia (Reebok), Borders (Kmart), Cerent (Cisco), Converse (Nike), and eBates (Rakuten).
Jeff has extensive expertise in cross-border transactions, including the acquisition of Dr. Solomon (U.K.) by Network Associates and the public offering by Infosys Technologies, Ltd., the first U.S. initial public offering by an Indian company.
Jeff has spoken on a variety of corporate securities issues, including the public offering process as well as related disclosure and corporate governance obligations of publicly traded issuers.SELECT FINANCIAL CLIENTS:
- Alpine Investors
- J.P. Morgan
- Morgan Stanley
- Riverwood Capital
- Sequoia Capital
- Barracuda Networks
- BlackLine Systems
- Grand Rounds
- Kodiak Robotics, Inc.
- Kodiak Sciences Inc.
- Palo Alto Networks
- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.A., New York University
With Highest Honors in History
- Member, Board of Trustees, NYU School of Law
- Member, Securities Regulation Advisory Board
- Recognized by Chambers and Partners in the 2014-2019 editions of Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business, with clients noting that he "commands the respect of boards of directors and provides sensible, practical advice"
- Recognized by Chambers and Partners in the 2004-2019 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, with respondents describing him as a "trusted leader who is uniformly respected by board directors" and that he is "held in high regard by both peers and clients"
- Honored by the Daily Journal as one of the "Top 100 Lawyers in California" for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2017
- Honored as an "Attorney of the Year" by The Recorder in recognition of his notable achievements in 2011, including his involvement in numerous initial public offerings
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006-2018 editions of Best Lawyers in America
- Named in Northern California Super Lawyers, 2004-2018
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of New York