WESLEY C. WATTS
Wes Watts practices corporate and securities law as an associate in the Austin office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Wes has represented both public and private companies in a wide range of business matters, including merger and acquisition transactions, public equity offerings, private placement equity and debt transactions, public company periodic reporting, venture capital financings, strategic alliances, and technology transactions.
Prior to practicing law, Wes obtained significant experience in business management. His work ranged from handling the marketplace sales and operations of a Fortune 500 company to managing a successful, locally owned restaurant.
Before joining Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Wes practiced law with Baker Botts LLP.EDUCATION:
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2008
With High Honors; Member, Chancellors Honor Society; Order of the Coif; Editor-in-Chief, Texas International Law Journal
- B.A., History, University of Texas, 1993
- Member, Business Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Member, University of Texas Law Mentors
- Co-author with W. Stutts, "Of Herring and Sausage: Nordic Responses to Banking Crises as Examples for the United States," Texas International Law Journal, 2009
- State Bar of Texas