Yuan Ji is an associate in Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati's New York office, where her work encompasses all aspects of the firm's antitrust practice, including litigation, counseling, and mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Yuan served as a law clerk to Judge Richard J. Holwell of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and Judge Roslynn R. Mauskopf of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Before attending law school, Yuan worked as an oil market analyst at a private commodities trading company, where she developed and maintained analytical tools to guide trading decisions and managed positions in traders' portfolios.
Yuan is a fluent Mandarin speaker.EDUCATION:
- J.D., Yale Law School
Editor, Yale Law Journal; Submissions Editor, Yale Human Rights & Development Law Journal
- M.S., Finance, Washington University in St. Louis
- B.A., Mathematics and Economics, Washington University in St. Louis
Arthur Holly Compton Fellowship in Physical Sciences and Mathematics; Recipient, Martin Silverstein Award in Mathematics; Phi Beta Kappa
- Recipient, Above & Beyond Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Advocacy, Sanctuary for Families, 2015
- Board Member, Clubbed Thumb
- "Burning Man: A Case Study of Altruism Thriving in a For-profit Organizational Form and the Rationales for LLC-to-Nonprofit Conversion," 9 Hastings Business Law Journal 449, 2013
- "Why the Google Book Search Settlement Should Be Approved: A Response to Antitrust Concerns and Suggestions for Regulation," 21 Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology 231, 2011
- Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State Bar of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York