JAMIE YOO OTTO
Jamie Yoo Otto is an associate in the Palo Alto office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where she specializes in intellectual property litigation, counseling, and licensing. Her practice focuses on computer hardware, consumer electronics, mobile communications technology, financial services technology, and software patent and trade secret litigation, including actions pending before several state courts, district courts, the International Trade Commission, and arbitration panels.
Jamie serves on the firm's Pro Bono Committee, which manages, coordinates, and leads the firm's pro bono efforts. In her pro bono practice, Jamie has represented a domestic violence women's advocacy group, a local health clinic, a national reading and literacy organization, asylees, refugees, and victims of domestic violence, among others. She is also committed to Child Advocates of Silicon Valley and volunteers as a Court Appointed Special Advocate mentor.
Prior to joining the firm, Jamie worked in the Duke Start-Up Ventures Clinic, where she provided legal advice and assistance to seed and early-stage entrepreneurial ventures that had not yet raised significant amounts of outside capital. She assisted clients in a wide variety of legal matters, including formation, intellectual property protection, commercialization strategies, and operational issues. Previously, Jamie worked as a software engineer intern at NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena, CA, and Daewoo Electronics in Suwon, South Korea.EDUCATION:
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2013
- M.S., Educational Technology, California State University, East Bay, 2009
- B.S., Computer Science, Yale University, 2006
- Board Member, Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley
- Co-Chair, Women in Law Committee, Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley
- Board Member, Asian Law Alliance
- Board Member, Korean American Bar Association of Northern California
- Board Member, Duke Law Club of Northern California
- State Bar of California