JOHN C. ROBERTS JR.
John C. Roberts Jr. is an associate in the Seattle office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. His practice focuses on the representation of companies and their officers and directors in securities class actions, shareholder derivative actions, contested mergers and acquisitions, and internal investigations. John previously served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Richard D. Cudahy of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
John also maintains a substantial pro bono practice, representing indigent clients in conjunction with the American Civil Liberties Union, the Innocence Project, the Advancement Project, and the Northwest Defenders Association. John serves as a member of the firm's Pro Bono Committee and has served on the Board of Trustees of the Northwest Justice Project.SELECT CLIENTS:
- Aerohive Networks, Inc.
- Atossa Genetics, Inc.
- Blucora Inc.
- Chelsea Therapeutics International Ltd.
- CTI Biopharma Corp.
- FLIR Systems, Inc.
- Flow International Corp.
- Intermec Inc.
- IsoRay Inc.
- Mentor Graphics Corp.
- Novan, Inc.
- PowerSecure, Inc.
- Silver Wheaton Corp.
- Starbucks Corporation
- Sterling Financial Corporation
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law
Summa Cum Laude; Editor-in-Chief, DePaul Law Review
- B.A., Philosophy, Carleton College
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Recipient, 2016-2017 John Wilson Award, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Recipient, 2015-2016 Pro Bono Service Award, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Recipient, 2014-2015 John Wilson Award, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Recipient, 2013-2014 Pro Bono Service Award, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Recipient, 2013 Educational Equity Award, American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California
- Recipient, 2012-2013 Pro Bono Service Award, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- State Bar of Illinois
- State Bar of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. Supreme Court