Jie Zhu is a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where his practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and capital markets transactions, and joint ventures.
Jie has represented corporations and private equity funds in a wide range of complex mergers, acquisitions, IPOs, joint ventures, spin-offs, and going-private transactions. He also has experience in advising on general corporate, partnership, securities law, anti-corruption law, and restructuring matters. Jie's transactional experience spans a variety of industries, including healthcare, technology, consumer products and services, telecommunications, entertainment, transportation, energy and natural resources, financial institutions and real estate.
Jie was formerly an associate with Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy in Hong Kong. He started his legal career at White & Case's New York office.
Jie is a native Mandarin speaker and fluent in English.SELECT REPRESENTATIONS:
- Warburg Pincus, Sequoia Capital, Boyu Capital, New Horizon Capital, L Capital, Carlyle, and LightSpeed Venture in various private equity investment and exit transactions
- Tencent, DJI International, and Shanda in various financing and investment transactions
- The buyer consortium and management team in the going-private transaction of WuXi PharmaTech
- RDA Microelectronics in its sale to Tsinghua Unigroup
- Integrated Silicon Solution Inc. in its sale to a consortium of Chinese buyers
- Founder of Syswin Inc. in its going-private transaction
- TJOY Holdings in its sale to Coty Inc.
- State Grid International Development in its acquisition of electric power transmission assets in Brazil
- ArtGo Mining and PW Medtech in their Hong Kong IPOs
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2006
- M.S., School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, 2001
- M.S., Automation, Tsinghua University, 1999
- B.E., Automation, Tsinghua University, 1998
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Co-founder and Director, Chinese Business Lawyers Association, a New York non-profit professional organization
- State Bar of New York