Mark Bass is an associate in the Washington, D.C., office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where he works with public and private technology companies at all stages of growth. He also represents venture capital funds, private equity firms, and investment banks in financings and public offerings.
Mark's practice focuses on corporate and securities law (including general corporate representation), public offerings, public and private mergers and acquisitions, and private equity and venture capital financings. Mark also has experience counseling clients on contracts with U.S. government agencies.
Prior to law school, Mark worked at the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Homeland Security.SELECT REPRESENTATIONS:
- Representation of issuers and underwriters in public offerings, including Credit Suisse (Borderfree), Cvent, and Morgan Stanley (Millennial Media and Opower)
- Representation of public and private companies in corporate, securities, and governance matters, including Acxiom Corporation, Cvent, Mylan, and Vitacost.com
- Representation of issuers and venture capital and private equity investors in private financings, including Cvent, Make Meaning, New Enterprise Associates, NGP Energy Technology Partners, and OpenWhere
- Representation of public and private companies in acquisitions and dispositions, including Cvent, Novetta, Nuance Communications, and Seagate Technology (US) Holdings
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School
- B.A., College of William and Mary
- Bar of the District of Columbia