Catherine Moreno is a partner in the Palo Alto office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Catherine specializes in securities litigation and counseling, including the defense of companies and their directors and officers in class actions, derivative lawsuits, and M&A litigation. She also is experienced with internal investigations and in defending companies and individuals in SEC enforcement proceedings involving allegations of insider trading, securities fraud, and reporting violations. In addition, Catherine is experienced in a variety of commercial litigation matters and is a frequent speaker and lecturer on issues of securities fraud, accounting misstatements, and insider trading.
Catherine maintains an active pro bono practice and has been honored for her work on civil rights impact litigation. She also is a member of the firm's Education and Pro Bono committees.SELECT CLIENTS:
- Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- BigBand Networks
- Infogroup, Inc.
- Intermedia.net, Inc.
- Oak Hill Capital Partners
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.
- TIBCO Software
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 2001
Editor, Columbia Journal of International Law
- B.A., Rice University, 1998
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, Board of Directors, Probono.net
- Honored as one of the "40 Under 40 Class of 2016" leaders by the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- Honored with a 2015 "California Lawyer Attorney of the Year" (CLAY) Award by California Lawyer in the immigration/pro bono category
- Recipient, Jack W. Londen Award, Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area, 2013
- Practicing Law Institute Pocket MBA Program: Securities Fraud and Earnings Management, 2013-2014
- 30th Annual SEC Reporting and FASB Forum: FCPA Risks in Emerging Markets
- Co-author with Elizabeth Peterson, "The Expanding Territorial Reach of RICO: It's Not Just for U.S.-Based Organized Crime Anymore," Bloomberg Law Reports, May 25, 2010
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York