Privacy & Data Protection
Rebecca Stuart is an associate in Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati's employment law practice. Rebecca represents employers in federal and state court litigation and before administrative agencies regarding discrimination (including race, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, and disability), harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, wage and hour, wrongful termination, and numerous other types of employment law matters.
In addition to her litigation practice, Rebecca counsels employers on a wide variety of employment issues, such as enforceability of covenants not to compete, hiring practices, employee classification issues, employment contracts, family and medical leaves, terminations, and reductions in force. She has reviewed and drafted numerous employment policies, including employee handbooks, vacation policies, and family and medical leave policies.
Rebecca also has considerable merger and acquisition experience, assisting clients in structuring corporate transactions to minimize employment-related risks and maximize the value of the transaction from an employment perspective.EDUCATION:
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
Summa Cum Laude; Honors Moot Court Board Member; Editor, Santa Clara Law Review
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Southern California
- Member, Women's Task Force, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Member, Associates Committee, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Member, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Member, Palo Alto Area Bar Association
- Recipient, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati John Wilson Award for pro bono service, 2009-2010
- Recipient, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Community Service Award, 2008-2009
- "A Work of Heart: A Proposal for a Revision of the Visual Artists Rights Act of 1990 to Bring the United States Closer to International Standards," 47(3) Santa Clara University Law Review 645-684, 2007
- State Bar of California