Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati welcomes you to the WSGR EU Data Protection Regulation Observatory.
This site tracks developments related to the EU legislative proposal for a General Data Protection Regulation (European Commission Proposal of 25 January 2012, COM (2012) 11 final).
The proposal will determine the data protection landscape in Europe for the foreseeable future, and also will be highly influential in other regions of the world. Companies in all sectors will be affected, including non-EU companies doing business in Europe.
- Council publishes note on "Right to be forgotten and the Google judgment"
- Council publishes note on risk based approach
- Council publishes a revised version of the draft General Data Protection Regulation
- Council publishes a note concerning Profiling
- Council publishes Partial General Approach on data transfers (Chapter V) (May 28)
Click here for older posts