Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati welcomes you to the WSGR EU Data Protection Regulation Observatory.
This site tracks developments related to the EU legislative proposal for a General Data Protection Regulation (European Commission Proposal of 25 January 2012, COM (2012) 11 final).
The proposal will determine the data protection landscape in Europe for the foreseeable future, and also will be highly influential in other regions of the world. Companies in all sectors will be affected, including non-EU companies doing business in Europe.
- Greek Presidency publishes note on orientation debate on certain issues (data transfers and others)
- WSGR Webcast: Update on EU Data Protection Law
- Greek Presidency's notes on one-stop shop, data portability, PIAs and prior checks, and data processor
- Greek Presidency's notes on controllers and processors, pseudonymisation, and profiling
- WSGR article: "The Proposed EU Data Protection Regulation Two Years Later"
Click here for older posts