Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati welcomes you to the WSGR EU Data Protection Regulation Observatory.
This site tracks developments related to the EU legislative proposal for a General Data Protection Regulation (European Commission Proposal of 25 January 2012, COM (2012) 11 final).
The proposal will determine the data protection landscape in Europe for the foreseeable future, and also will be highly influential in other regions of the world. Companies in all sectors will be affected, including non-EU companies doing business in Europe.
- Presentation by Christopher Kuner, "Important aspects of the new Regulation – third country data transfers," Berlin, 14 May 2013
- LIBE vote on the Data Protection Regulation postponed to June 2013 (watch video)
- DAPIX will rewrite Chapters I-IV of the Regulation by June 2013
- European Parliament launches Q&A webpage on EU data protection reform
- Irish Presidency proposes a risk-based approach in the draft Regulation
Click here for older posts