Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati welcomes you to the WSGR EU Data Protection Regulation Observatory.
This site tracks developments related to the EU legislative proposal for a General Data Protection Regulation (European Commission Proposal of 25 January 2012, COM (2012) 11 final).
The proposal will determine the data protection landscape in Europe for the foreseeable future, and also will be highly influential in other regions of the world. Companies in all sectors will be affected, including non-EU companies doing business in Europe.
- Council publishes new proposal on Chapter IV
- Council published comments of delegations on the right to be forgotten
- Council publishes comments of delegations on risk based approach
- Council publishes a proposal for compromise wording on the right to be forgotten
- Council discusses Chapter IV (controller and processor) on 19 September
Click here for older posts