Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati welcomes you to the WSGR EU Data Protection Regulation Observatory.
This site tracks developments related to the EU legislative proposal for a General Data Protection Regulation (European Commission Proposal of 25 January 2012, COM (2012) 11 final).
The proposal will determine the data protection landscape in Europe for the foreseeable future, and also will be highly influential in other regions of the world. Companies in all sectors will be affected, including non-EU companies doing business in Europe.
- Council published Comments of French delegation on the one-stop-shop mechanism and minor cases
- Council published Comments of delegations on Chapters VI and VII (supervisory authorities, co-operation and consistency)
- Council published Comments of various countries on proposed Articles 83a, 83b, and 83c (data processing for historical, statistical and scientific purposes)
- Council published revised version of Chapter VIII (remedies, liability and sanctions)
- WSGR Alert "European Parliament Adopts Compromise Amendments on Data Protection Regulation"
Click here for older posts