INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LITIGATION
Our IP litigation practice is national in scope and includes cases in federal and state courts throughout the United States. We handle a significant number of matters before judicial districts with patent-intensive dockets, such as the Eastern District of Texas and the Northern District of California (where our attorneys have been instrumental in drafting the district's Patent Local Rules and Model Patent Jury Instructions, which are increasingly being adopted by other courts nationwide). We also regularly handle IP matters before administrative tribunals such as the International Trade Commission (ITC) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
We enforce and defend all types of sophisticated IP litigation matters, and advise our clients on other types of high-technology legal concerns, such as:
- patent, trade secret, copyright, and trademark cases;
- patent infringement "notice letters" and strategies for patent enforcement campaigns;
- unfair-competition and antitrust issues related to patent enforcement;
- "essential patents" and issues relating to standards bodies;
- "design arounds" and "cleanrooms" to avoid claims of infringement or to minimize potential damages;
- IP crisis management and related issues regarding employee mobility;
- strategic IP counseling, IP due diligence, and IP audits; and
- international issues and expertise with legal systems in Asia and the European Union.