J. CASEY McGLYNN
Corporate Law & Governance
Mergers & Acquisitions
Casey McGlynn is a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. He serves as a member of the firm's Policy Committee and, since joining the firm in 1978, he has been a member of the firm's board of directors, and its Nominating and Compensation Committees. Casey's practice focuses on the organization, funding, and corporate representation of companies in the information technology, life sciences, and telecommunications industries.
Casey is a nationally recognized leader in the representation of start-up and growth technology companies. He assists his clients in meeting their financing needs through introductions to an extensive network of angel investors, financiers, venture capitalists, corporate partners, and investment bankers. He has experience representing dozens of companies that have made successful initial public offerings and secondary offerings.
As a strategic business partner, Casey offers focused resources and capabilities to meet the most critical needs of start-up and emerging growth companies, including private and venture capital financings, public offerings, university licensing, and strategic collaborations. He frequently is called upon to structure and negotiate mergers and acquisitions, licensing arrangements, and domestic and international strategic corporate alliances, as well as other innovative financing arrangements.
Casey is a contributor to magazines and newsletters focused on angel and venture investing, and frequently speaks on issues relating to the organization and funding of new ventures.EDUCATION:
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
With Highest Honors
- B.A., Santa Clara University
With Highest Honors
- Recognized in the 2006-2013 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, most recently in the top tier of California life sciences attorneys
- Selected for inclusion in the 2007 edition of The Legal 500 US
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006-2012 editions of Northern California Super Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006-2013 editions of Best Lawyers in America
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- "Life Science Venture Capital Investment Climate Improves with Rising Stock Prices," Life Sciences Bulletin, Fall 2003
- "Life Science Venture Capital Funding Down 21% Last Year, Reflecting Difficult Business Climate," Life Sciences Bulletin, Spring 2003
- State Bar of California