WILLIAM T. KELLERMANN, JR.
Director, Electronic Discovery
A litigation attorney since 1990, William (Bil) Kellermann is director of electronic discovery at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. In this capacity, he oversees the firm's Electronic Data Operations Center (eDoc), working with litigation attorneys and clients' in-house counsel and IT departments to effectively manage all aspects of client data collection associated with a litigation matter. Recognized for his expertise in the use of software to automate the litigation process related to electronic evidence discovery, case assessment, and trial preparation, Bil is a frequent speaker on e-discovery topics.
Prior to joining Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Bil served as the director of corporate legal systems for CT Summation, a unit of CT Corp. In this capacity, he assisted Fortune 1000 corporate law departments with the development of in-house electronic discovery and litigation support capabilities.
As a practicing litigator, Bil argued Cinelli v. Security Pacific Corp., 61 F.3d 1437 (9th Cir. 1995) (ERISA). He also has held senior management positions at two California technology companies, OTI/Technilink and Maximum Technology.EDUCATION:
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 1990
- B.S., Business Administration, San Francisco State University, 1986
- 2003 TechnoLawyer @ Awards Finalist, Favorite TechnoLawyer Contributor
- Member, International Legal Technology Association
- "Synching Up Systems for Compliance & Litigation Readiness," BusinessWeek, March 2005
- Panelist, "e-Discovery Processing: In-House vs. Outsourcing" and "Email Archive Management," International Litigation Support Leaders' Conference, Washington, D.C., May 2008
- Keynote Speaker, "How the Amended FRCP Has Changed the Electronic Discovery Landscape," IPRO Partner's Conference 2007, Phoenix, Arizona, May 2007
- Speaker, "Electronic Discovery and Computer Forensics," 2006 Computer and Enterprise Investigators Conference (CEIC), Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2006
- State Bar of California