MICHAEL S. RUSSELL
Corporate Law & Governance
Mergers & Acquisitions
Michael Russell is a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where he practices corporate and securities law. Michael regularly advises companies on a broad range of corporate and securities matters, including corporate governance responsibilities, SEC disclosure obligations, and stock market listing and compliance requirements. He also has extensive transactional experience, including mergers and acquisitions, public equity and debt offerings, tender and exchange offers, corporate restructurings, and venture capital financings.
Michael joined the corporate and securities practice at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in 1998. Prior to joining the firm, Michael worked as a deputy city attorney in the San Francisco City Attorney's Office.
Michael currently serves on the firm's Hiring Committee and is one of the firm's hiring partners. He also serves as an Affiliate Attorney for the University of Michigan Law School's Entrepreneurial Clinic.SELECT CLIENTS:
- Applied Materials, Inc.
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Japan Communications, Inc.
- Micron Technology, Inc.
- TiVo Inc.
- Applied Materials in its $1.75 billion senior notes offering to fund its acquisition of Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates
- Credit Suisse as initial purchaser in the $150 million convertible note offering of RightNow Technologies
- Credit Suisse as underwriter in the $78 million initial public offering of Codexis
- Francisco Partners in its $420 million acquisition of Metrologic Instruments
- The Go Daddy Group in its $2.25 billion acquisition by K.K.R., Silver Lake and Technology Crossover Ventures
- HealthDataInsights in its $400 million acquisition by HMS Holdings
- Marlin Equity Partners in the sale of its portfolio company Emptoris to IBM
- Mentor Corporation in the $463 million sale of its Surgical Urology and Clinical and Consumer Healthcare business segments to Coloplast
- Micron Technology in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Elpida Memory, Inc. out of bankruptcy (pending)
- Micron Technology in a $600 million convertible note offering
- Micron Technology in the $40 million sale of its Japanese wafer manufacturing facility to Tower Semiconductor Ltd.
- Micron Technology in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Numonyx from Intel Corporation, ST Microelectronics B.V. and Francisco Partners
- Micron Technology in its $400 million acquisition of shares of Inotera Memories, a Taiwanese joint venture, from Qimonda AG
- The Nasdaq Stock Market in its acquisition of PrimeZone Media
- Strategic Data Corporation in its acquisition by Fox Interactive Media
- TiVo in its $19 million acquisition of TRA Global, Inc.
- World Wide Packets in its $285 million acquisition by Ciena Corporation
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1993
- B.A., Political Science, University of Michigan, 1990
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California