PAUL R. TOBIAS
Corporate Law & Governance
Mergers & Acquisitions
Paul Tobias is the founding partner of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati's Austin office, where his practice focuses on helping technology and growth companies form and operate businesses, raise capital through private and public offerings, and buy and sell companies.
In addition to his work with growth companies, Paul has represented investors in many venture capital financings. He also has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, representing acquirers and targets. His experience includes numerous public offerings on behalf of issuers and underwriters.
Paul is a member of the firm's board of directors and a former member of the Policy and Nominating Committees.SELECT CLIENTS:
- AdRevolution, Inc.
- ALI Solutions
- AllClear ID
- Asset International, Inc.
- Bazaarvoice, Inc.
- Black Sand Technologies, Inc.
- Credant Technologies, Inc.
- Dana Holding Corporation
- DataCert Inc.
- HomeAway, Inc.
- Invodo, Inc.
- Macheen, Inc.
- Molecular Imprints Inc.
- Motion Computing, Inc
- NewComLink, Inc.
- Ortho Kinematics, Inc.
- ReachForce Inc.
- RealPage, Inc.
- SolarWinds, Inc.
- uShip Inc.
- Accel Partners
- Austin Ventures
- Institutional Venture Partners
- Partech International
- Sequoia Capital
- Sevin Rosen Funds
- Vantage Point Venture Partners
- J.D., University of Texas, Austin
- B.A., University of Texas, Austin
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Honored as the 2013 Austin Venture Capital Law "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers
- Named the 2012 Austin Securities/Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers
- Named in the 2007-2012 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006-2013 editions of Best Lawyers in America
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers on numerous occasions, including in 2008-2012
- Presenter, CLE, Advanced In-House Counsel Course, Planning Committee, 2012
- Presenter, CLE, Corporate Counsel Institute, Dallas and Houston, 2011
- Guest Lecturer, Entrepreneurship, University of Texas
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas