RODNEY G. STRICKLAND, JR.
Business Litigation & Counseling
Consumer Regulatory & Privacy
Internal & Government Investigations
Privacy & Data Security
Retail, Consumer & Advertising
Rod Strickland is a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, which he joined in 1992. He focuses primarily on consumer and securities class action defense and general commercial litigation for technology companies. Rod's practice includes cases involving allegations of false advertising, violations of consumer protection and privacy statutes, unfair competition, breach of fiduciary duty, and securities fraud. Rod is the practice development leader of the firm's commercial litigation practice.
Rod is a member of the firm's Finance Committee, a former co-chair of the Associate Hiring Committee and Education Committee, and a former member of the Nominating Committee.
Rod is admitted to practice in California and before several United States district courts. He has represented clients in courts throughout California and in Arizona, Delaware, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia.SELECT CLIENTS:
- Align Technology
- BigBand Networks
- McAfee, Inc.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 1992
Summa Cum Laude
- B.A., History and English, University of Notre Dame, 1989
- "FTC v. CompUSA," Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Client Alert, June 7, 2005
- "Class Action Fairness Act Signed into Law," Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Client Alert, February 24, 2005
- State Bar of California
- Several U.S. District Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit