SANDRA S. FUJIYAMA
IP Counseling & Patents
Sandra S. Fujiyama is a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where her practice focuses on intellectual property litigation, with an emphasis on patent litigation, and intellectual property counseling. She is based in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Sandra has handled numerous high-stakes patent litigations involving a variety of technologies ranging from biotechnology to electronics, including stem cells, antibodies, computer processors, plasma display systems, embedded content on web pages, smartphone technology, and parametric search technology. She has participated in numerous bench and jury trials.
In addition to patent litigation, Sandra has extensive experience in various other areas of intellectual property law. She has provided general intellectual property counsel, managed U.S. and international patent and trademark portfolios, drafted and prosecuted patent and trademark applications, provided guidance on patent and trademark licensing agreements, analyzed patent applications and registrations for the institution of interference proceedings, and conducted intellectual property due diligence.
Prior to joining the firm, Sandra was an IP litigation partner in the Los Angeles office of Sidley Austin LLP. Before that, she was the associate chair of the biotechnology/life sciences practice at Lyon & Lyon LLP. Sandra began her legal career as an associate at a highly regarded Los Angeles commercial and business litigation firm, where she gained extensive experience in state and federal court practice.EDUCATION:
- J.D., UCLA School of Law
- B.S., Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles
Summa Cum Laude; With Departmental Honors; Recipient, Ethel Terry McCoy Award (recognizing women for excellence in biochemistry)
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Central District of California Lawyer Representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference
- Director, California Bar Foundation
- Director, Japanese American Bar Association Educational Foundation
- President-Elect, Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers Alliance
- Honored with a 2013 "Best Lawyer Under 40" Award from the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office