Benjamin Record is an associate in Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati's Brussels office. His practice focuses on all aspects of European Union competition law. He has experience advising clients on EU and multijurisdictional merger filings, as well as EU antitrust matters (including restrictive agreements and abuse of a dominant position) in various industries.
Prior to joining the firm, Benjamin spent two years in the antitrust, competition, and trade practice of a major international law firm in Brussels. He was also a trainee with the European Commission's DG Competition.
Benjamin is a native speaker of French and English.SELECT REPRESENTATIONS:
- Represented a major producer and trader of raw materials in its acquisition of a leading mining company before the European Commission
- Advised a semiconductor manufacturer in connection with merger control filings related to its acquisition of a competitor
- Provided advice on specific EU competition law issues in relation to horizontal and vertical agreements contemplated by firms in various sectors, including high-tech industries
- Provided advice to firms in their proceedings with the European Commission in the airline and pharmaceuticals industries
- LL.M., Columbia University School of Law, 2009
- LL.M., Glasgow University Law School, 2007
- Master 1 in International and European Law, University Paul Cézanne, Aix-en-Provence, 2006
- Licence en droit (J.D.) and University Diploma in Anglo-American law, University of Cergy-Pontoise, 2005
- Co-author with G. Drauz and P. McGeown, "Recent Developments in EU Merger Control," Journal of European Competition Law & Practice, Vol. 4, No. 2, 2013
- Avocat à la Cour, Paris Bar
- State Bar of New York
- Brussels Bar E-List