Privacy & Data Security
Sharon Lee is an associate in the technology transactions practice at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Based in the firm's Palo Alto office, Sharon advises clients regarding intellectual property and privacy issues in a variety of commercial agreements and business transactions, as well as day-to-day and long-term business matters.
Sharon has drafted and negotiated commercial agreements, including strategic alliance, technology license, patent license, development, service, supply, distribution, marketing, and co-branded card agreements. She has also advised clients regarding implementing device ecosystems and drafted the appropriate agreements between the various ecosystem players. In addition, she has advised clients on intellectual property and privacy issues in connection with initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, asset purchases and sales, and financings. The International Association of Privacy Professionals has designated Sharon as a Certified Information Privacy Professional.
Sharon represents clients ranging from large public companies to start-ups in a variety of technology sectors, including the Internet, mobile device and connected device ecosystem, software, financial, payment, e-commerce, cloud-based service and platform, smart home, hardware, clean technology, outsourcing, gaming, analytics, and biotechnology sectors.
Previously, she served as senior corporate counsel for a crowdfunding web company, where she balanced legal requirements and business needs to advance the company's business objectives, including in product development, program launches, and company policies and practices.
In prior years, Sharon was an associate in the intellectual property and technology group at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom. While in law school, she served as an extern to Judge Ronald Whyte of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.EDUCATION:
- J.D., UCLA School of Law
Editor-in-Chief, UCLA Journal of Law and Technology
- B.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley
- B.A., Economics, University of California, Berkeley
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Co-author with L. Parnes, T. Shapiro, G. Stegmaier, M. Staples, S. Rowe, E. Schlesinger, and E. Holman, "The Next Wave of Privacy Legislation: California Takes on Do Not Track, Kids' Privacy, and Security Breach Notification," What's In Store: The Newsletter of the Section of Antitrust Law's Consumer Protection Committee, Privacy and Information Security Committee, and Private Advertising Litigation Committee, Spring 2014
- Co-author with L. Parnes, T. Shapiro, M. Staples, and E. Durrette, "FTC Recommends Consumer Protections for Mobile Payment Industry," Wolters Kluwer Intellectual Property and Technology Law Journal, June 2013
- State Bar of California